Benefits of Asphalt Roofing
One of the largest benefits of having an asphalt roof is that if your roof requires repair, individual shingles can be replaced and a spot repair can be completed – instead of having to complete an entire roof replacement. Other benefits include:
- A wide selection of colors and shingle styles to match any aesthetic
- Are an affordable option that offers great value for the cost
- Asphalt roofs are easy for homeowners to maintain
- They have a lifespan of roughly 20 to 30 years
- Asphalt shingles are eco-friendly because they are recyclable
Asphalt vs Stucco Roofs
Stucco roofs are also an available option and have been used in construction for many years. There are two types of stucco roof materials including cement and synthetic. Stucco roofs are essentially a layer of rock covering your building meaning it is very durable in harsh weather situations and lasts a very long time. Our roofing contractors take the time to ensure your stucco roofing is repaired or installed efficiently. Stucco is extremely durable, long-lasting, and efficient, but it also is susceptible to cracking and comes with a more expensive price tag.
Stucco is made from cement, sand, and lime and hardens into a highly durable material while asphalt shingles have a fiberglass base and are coated with a waterproof layer of asphalt and topped with ceramic granules. Both are durable options.